A Delicious and Healthy Avocado Snack
Planning ahead before your cravings hit without any warnings will help you avoid eating unhealthy foods and feeling guilty afterward. To make sure this doesn't happen, it's a great idea to prepare healthy and nutritious snacks to stay on track!
Our nutritionist Sabrina Hernández-Cano, who specializes in diabetic patients with heart problems, created the Entalla plan together with Dr. Juan to help you develop new eating habits and lose weight. Take advantage that 2022 is just starting, and get ready to meet your goals by creating a simple and delicious eating plan with us. Here's a yummy and easy-to-make snack, like the ones you'll learn in Entalla, to make your day extra special.
- 1 small avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Smash the avocado, add the lemon juice, the two types of peppers, and the salt. Mix until you get a smooth paste and enjoy the flavors of each ingredient.
Benefits of this snack:
- Avocado, besides being delicious, has many benefits, especially if you are following the Entalla plan. Some studies reveal its powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Additionally, it proves to be beneficial for tackling those extra pounds, so if you want to lose weight, avocado is the way to go. (1)
- Lemon also has antioxidant properties that offer health benefits. In addition to being an ideal ingredient for snacks and drinks, lemon juice has vitamin C, flavonoids, and beta-carotene, and supports healthy digestion. (2)
- Black pepper has become a trendy ingredient as it is a delicious and popular spice that adds flavor to any dish. If you're not a fan, perhaps knowing that it helps the brain's cognitive function, increases nutrient absorption, and improves digestion, may encourage you to eat it more. It also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, plus it has a thermogenic effect, which increases caloric expenditure. (3)
This avocado snack is easy to make, delicious, full of nutrients, and has many health benefits. What more could you ask for?
Let's be healthier together.
Your Santo Remedio team
- Tramontin NDS, Luciano TF, Marques SO, de Souza CT, Muller AP. “Ginger and avocado as nutraceuticals for obesity and its comorbidities.” Phytother Res. Vol.34(6):1282-1290. Jun 2020 doi: 10.1002/ptr.6619. URL:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31989713/
- Singh N, Yarla NS, Siddiqi NJ, de Lourdes Pereira M, Sharma B. Features, “Pharmacological Chemistry, Molecular Mechanism and Health Benefits of Lemon.” Med Chem.Vol.17(3):187-202. 2021 doi:10.2174/1573406416666200909104050.URL:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32901586/
- Butt MS, Pasha I, Sultan MT, Randhawa MA, Saeed F, Ahmed W. “Black pepper and health claims: a comprehensive treatise.” Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. Vol.53(9):875-86. 2013 doi:10.1080/10408398.2011.571799. URL:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23768180/
Prep/Total Time: 15 min. Ingredients 1 cup cooked cauliflower rice 2 tablespoons chopped red pepper 1/2 stalk of green onion, sliced 1/3 cup shredded purple cabbage...
It is true that mothers often settle for very little. They don't need big things to impress them. However, the...
You’ve probably experienced this before. You are fully committed to your weight loss journey. You’re eating better, consuming the right...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan