Daily Immunity Super-Shake
Without a readily available vaccine, it’s almost inevitable that we will be exposed to COVID-19 at some point in this “new normal” we’re all living through.
The only options that are truly are in our control are to limit our exposure by social distancing, wearing masks, and improving our hygeine, and to strengthen our immune system as much as possible.
With that in mind, here’s a delicious immunity-boosting shake you can make every day. You can even mix and match ingredients so you don’t get bored. It’s easy to make, delicious, and will give your body a boost.
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen fruit. Our favorites? Mango, kiwi, and pineapple.
- Kale (1-2 fresh cut leaves, or 1 cup frozen leaves).
- 1 cup almond milk.
- 1 cup yogurt or kefir.
- Spirulina, powdered. ½ teaspoon.
- Turmeric. 1 capsule, broken into shake.
- Echinacea. 1 capsule, broken into shake.
- Ashwagandha, 1 capsule, broken into shake.
It’s easy. Just put all the ingredients into a blender and blend! You can drink it as your daily midmorning snack, or as an afternoon snack.
Why these ingredients?
- Mango, pineapple, and kiwi are all fruits rich in antioxidants, especially Vitamin C, which helps the immune system.
- Green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach are rich in nutrients and antioxidants. Kale, in particular, is full of iron and Vitamin C. It’s also anti-inflammatory.
- Almond milk contains antioxidants like zinc, magnesium, and Vitamin E.
- Yogurt and Kefir are both probiotic. They help maintain the health of our intestinal flora, which can help with immunity.
- Turmeric helps the body fight inflammation, leading to improved immune response.
- Echinacea is one of the most recommended herbs for immune defense.
- Ashwagandha can fight stress, which can reduce our immune capacity.
- Spirulina is an algae rich in copper and iron, and it helps with the absorption of zinc and other immune-boosting nutrients.
A daily immunity super shake is a delicious way to strengthen your defenses. It doesn’t take long to make, it isn’t expensive, and it’s full of things that our bodies love!
Remember, you can find many of these ingredients with Santo Remedio, along with all the information you need.
Echinacea, Ashwagandha, and Turmeric are all Santo Remedio products!
Don’t forget to take care of yourself and your loved ones!
Let’s get healthier, together!
Your friends at Santo Remedio
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Should men follow a skincare routine? Definitely! Taking care of the skin is always important regardless of gender or age....
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan