Do you know what Sacha Inchi is and how it helps your beauty?
Nature has the best-hidden beauty secrets you could ever imagine. In the most remote and exotic places on the planet, you can find incredible and powerful ingredients, which can have a wonderful impact on the health and beauty of your skin. Find out more about Sacha Inchi and how it can benefit your skin. After all, good secrets are worth sharing.
What is this plant?
The Sacha Inchi is known as the "Inca peanut" because of its appearance and flavor. It's a super grain from the Peruvian Amazon that has become very popular for being a novel source of oil, rich in fatty acids, such as omega 3, omega 6, and omega 9. Plus, it has properties to protect the cardiovascular system and it’s used to develop nutritional, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical products. (1)
In Peru, they mostly use it as an oil for salads or meals and as roasted seeds, either sweet or salty, for snacks.
Its moisturizing power
A study on the moisturizing potential of Sacha Inchi oil found its moisturizing power for dry and aging skin when used topically. It also has regenerative properties and protects the skin by moisturizing and rebuilding its natural barrier. (2)
- It's rich in vitamin E, so it works as an active component that helps treat skin and hair problems. This vitamin also protects the skin from the effects of time, as it has a powerful moisturizing effect. Plus, it helps the skin's elasticity, improves smoothness, and diminishes the appearance of fine lines. (3)
- The Sacha Inchi supports the skin's restoration process as it contains vitamin A, a protective agent for conditions such as psoriasis and acne. It also provides softness, leaving it more hydrated and smoother, highlighting its high healing effect. (4)
We would love for you to become familiar with Sacha Inchi and its many skin properties because it’s one of the amazing ingredients in our exclusive Santo Complex formula, which our Piel Eterna products have. It’s a powerful combination of Camu Camu, Ceramide Complex, Aloe Barbadensis, and other ingredients that are constantly used to support healthy and radiant skin.
Our dermatologist Dr. Leyda Bowes searched for the most effective ingredients from nature and from the best European laboratories to create effective skincare products. Fall in love with your skin with Piel Eterna as it was created to bring out the best in you.
Let’s get healthier, together,
Your friends at Santo Remedio.
- Wang S, Zhu F, Kakuda Y. Sacha inchi (Plukenetia volubilis L.): “Nutritional composition, biological activity, and uses.” Food Chem. Vol.265:316-328. Nov 2018 doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.05.055..URL:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29884388/
- Soimee W, Nakyai W, Charoensit P, Grandmottet F, Worasakwutiphong S, Phimnuan P, Viyoch J. “Evaluation of moisturizing and irritation potential of sacha inchi oil.” J Cosmet Dermatol.4:915-924. Aug 2019 doi: 10.1111/jocd.13099. . URL:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31441999/
- Rattanawiwatpong P, Wanitphakdeedecha R, Bumrungpert A, Maiprasert M. “Anti-aging and brightening effects of a topical treatment containing vitamin C, vitamin E, and raspberry leaf cell culture extract: A split-face, randomized controlled trial.” J Cosmet Dermatol.3:671-676. Mar 2020 doi: 10.1111/jocd.13305. URL:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31975502/
- Szymański Ł, Skopek R, Palusińska M, Schenk T, Stengel S, Lewicki S, Kraj L, Kamiński P, Zelent A. “Retinoic Acid and Its Derivatives in Skin.” Vol.9(12):2660. Dec 2020 doi:10.3390/cells9122660. URL:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33322246/
The jolliest season has begun! Although it can be a bit stressful for many to deal with holiday gifting, we...
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan