Do you want a full day of energy and something tasty to eat?
The change of season brings other changes as well, such as the clothes we wear, the spirit of our mood, and even our energy levels. Some places get dark earlier, and the days become shorter. This is the perfect time to boost our diet with nutrition and successfully complete daily activities.
The best thing you can do is provide your body with fuel and nourishment – at the same time! Try our tasty, low-calorie, protein cookies. You can prepare them at home and take on the go with you everywhere. Or just munch on them for a snack. This simple recipe for protein-packed cookies will help curb those cravings and provide much needed energy for the day. They are extra delicious, so we recommend you make some extras to share.
1 tbsp of coconut flour (about 1/8 cup)
2 scoops of protein powder (vanilla, chocolate, or vegan)
¼ tsp of baking soda (about ¼ teaspoon)
2 egg whites
2 tbsp of plant-based butter (about 2 tablespoons)
3 tbsp of mini chocolate chips
Contents of two vitamin B12 capsules
Stevia to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the coconut flour, protein powder, baking soda, egg whites, plant-based butter, vitamin B12, and chocolate chips in a bowl. You can add stevia for a sweeter touch. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly until forming a dough. Spoon the dough out on baking paper, rounding the shape out to look like a cookie. Bake the cookies on a tray for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In addition to satisfying your cravings at any time, these cookies also offer tons of nutrients. Studies reveal that coconut flour not only provides great flavor, but also contains a higher amount of fiber. (1)
- The most appealing aspect of protein powder supplements is that you can use them in a variety of ways, not just to make shakes. Research shows that protein can be used to increase energy, maintain good health, and prevent nutritional deficiency. (2)
- Egg whites are known for their protein content. They also have lysozyme and provide less calories that are inherently rich in B-complex vitamins. (3)
- Vitamin B12 is necessary for cellular function and is an essential micronutrient for proper functioning of the body that needs to be ingested from animal protein (4). According to studies, this vitamin is essential for DNA synthesis and cellular energy production. Vitamin B12 absorption deficiency is most common in the elderly.(5)
Satisfying your cravings while giving your body an energy boost can be healthy, nutritious, AND delicious. Try these simple cookies today for something tasty.
Let's be healthier together.
Your Santo Remedio Team
1. Raczyk M, Kruszewski B, Michałowska D. "Effect of Coconut and Chestnut Flour Supplementations on Texture, Nutritional and Sensory Properties of Baked Wheat Based Bread." Molecules. Vol. 30;26(15):4641. Jul 2021 doi: 10.3390/molecules26154641.
2. Attlee A, Haider A, Hassan A, Alzamil N, Hashim M, Obaid RS. "Dietary Supplement Intake and Associated Factors Among Gym Users in a University Community." J Diet Suppl. Vol. 2;15(1):88-97. Jan 2018 doi: 10.1080/19390211.2017.1326430.
3. Stevens L." Egg white proteins." Comp Biochem Physiol B Vol. 100(1):1-9. . 1991 doi: 10.1016/0305-0491(91)90076-p.
4. Romain M, Sviri S, Linton DM, Stav I, van Heerden PV. "The role of Vitamin B12 in the critically ill--a review." Anaesth Intensive Care. Vol. 44(4):447-52. Jul 20216 doi: 10.1177/0310057X1604400410.
5. O'Leary F, Samman S. "Vitamin B12 in health and disease." Nutrients. Vol.2(3):299-316. Mar. 2010 doi: 10.3390/nu2030299.
When it comes to sun protection, it is necessary to do it the right way to avoid the negative effects...
When trying to lose weight, you look for delicious options to satisfy your appetite, but also provide nutrients. That is...
The secret of an amazing product is having the best quality ingredients and advanced technology to develop it. The...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan