Goodbye acne, hello glowing skin!
If you are someone who loves to pop pimples on your face, then you probably have a scar or two and some stubborn acne that pops up when you least expect it! If there's one thing experts recommend, it's to avoid giving in to the temptation of pimple popping, no matter how small. In addition to possible infection, popping pimples leaves a mark on the skin. Yet it’s difficult to stare in the mirror and not want to immediately and mercilessly remove acne. After the instant relief of having one less pimple on your face, comes the rush of guilt for having done it knowing the consequences. The best you can do at this point is heal the wound to reduce the severity of its appearance. The next time you feel an unbridled urge to pick at a pimple, consider if it’s worth it. To assist, we created a simple but very effective mask to soften acne scars, with other added benefits.
½ tablespoon Greek yogurt
½ tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon almond milk
Contents of 5 turmeric capsules
Contents of 2 resveratrol capsules
In a small bowl, add the contents of the capsules along with the yogurt, honey, and almond milk. Mix it all together with a spoon until completely blended.
How to apply
Remove makeup and clean your face thoroughly as you normally would before applying the mask. Secure your hair back with a headband or hair tie and apply the mixture to the face evenly. You can use a silicone mask applicator or the back of a spoon. Leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water. You can use this mask once or twice a week for best results.
Turmeric has shown impressive skin health and beauty benefits thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. According to studies, topical use of turmeric can help treat skin conditions such as acne and blemishes, among others. (1)
Yogurt is not only delicious and healthy for the digestive system, but there is also evidence that fermented dairy products can provide health benefits to the skin, whether used topically or consumed. (2)
Other studies reveal the healing power of honey to treat a wide range of wounds, in addition to activating the healing process. There is even evidence of honey’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory capabilities. (3)
Resveratrol may help alleviate inflammation and premature skin aging. Some research shows how this potent antioxidant plays a crucial role in controlling pigmentation disorders and can lighten the skin. (4)
Almond milk may reduce the appearance of fine lines, in addition to other natural anti-aging benefits. Other research shows the positive effects of almond milk on proper skin barrier functioning. (5)
Don’t give in to squeezing acne. Give this mask a try and get glowing!
Let's get healthier together.
Your Santo Remedio Team
1. Vaughn AR, Branum A, Sivamani RK. “Effects of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) on Skin Health: A Systematic Review of the Clinical Evidence.” Phytother Res.Vol. 30(8):1243-64. May 2016 doi:10.1002/ptr.5640. [Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27213821/ ]
2. Vaughn AR, Sivamani RK. “Effects of Fermented Dairy Products on Skin: A Systematic Review.” J Altern Complement Med. Vol.21(7):380-5. July 2015 doi:10.1089/acm.2014.0261. [Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26061422/]
3. Vandamme L, Heyneman A, Hoeksema H, Verbelen J, Monstrey S. “Honey in modern wound care: a systematic review.” Burns. Vol.39(8):1514-25. July 2013 Decdoi:10.1016/j.burns.2013.06.014. [Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23896128/ ]
4. Boo YC. “Human Skin Lightening Efficacy of Resveratrol and Its Analogs: From in Vitro Studies to Cosmetic Applications.” Antioxidants (Basel) Vol.22;8(9):332. Aug. 2019 doi: 10.3390/antiox8090332. [Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31443469/ ]
5. Foolad N, Vaughn AR, Rybak I, Burney WA, Chodur GM, Newman JW, Steinberg FM, Sivamani RK. “Prospective randomized controlled pilot study on the effects of almond consumption on skin lipids and wrinkles.” Phytother Res. Vol.33(12):3212-3217. Dec. 2019 doi: 10.1002/ptr.6495. [Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31576607/ ]
The jolliest season has begun! Although it can be a bit stressful for many to deal with holiday gifting, we...
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan