Ice cream in the fall? Absolutely! Try this rich and healthy version.
If you’re a fan of ice cream, there are lots of options you can enjoy guilt-free this time of year. Curb your cravings with something sweet, delicious, and that won’t pack on the pounds. Our vegan matcha ice cream contains only 210 calories per serving. Enjoy it after a healthy dinner, or at any time throughout the day. Mind how many portions you consume because we are warning you now this stuff is delicious!
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 1 scoop Entalla plant-based protein powder
- 1 tablespoon matcha tea powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed almonds
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
Add the frozen banana, coconut milk, protein powder, and matcha tea to a food processor or blender. Mix well until smooth. Leave the mixture in an airtight container in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy. Top your ice cream with blueberries or strawberries for an extra sweet treat.
What’s it good for?
- Matcha is a type of green tea that, due to its chemical composition and peculiar flavor, is considered a high-quality tea. The whole leaves are ground and concentrated, not just steeped, which multiplies its nutritional benefits several times over. Studies confirm matcha has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Matcha is a good source of vitamins B12, A, C, D, E and K, plus minerals and other substances. It has the potential to prevent disease while supporting cognitive function. Regularly consuming matcha can have a positive effect on both physical and mental health. (1)
- Vegetarian diets, including properly planned vegan diets, are considered healthy and can provide benefits to and treatment for certain diseases and overall health. According to studies, those who follow a vegetarian eating lifestyle have a lower risk of type 2 diabetes, hypertension and obesity, among others. However, vegans require additional reliable sources of vitamins, especially B-12, with fortified foods or supplements, like protein. (2)
- Almonds can also have a positive effect on lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease. Studies show that adding almonds to the diet can help reduce bad cholesterol levels while maintaining good cholesterol. (3)
- Coconut milk is an ideal ingredient for preparing recipes because it provides energy, can help control blood sugar levels, and decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease. (4)
A good ice cream will always give us temporary joy and comfort, but now you can also make it healthy, easy to prepare, and full of energy.
Let's be healthier together.
Your Santo Remedio Team
1. Kochman J, Jakubczyk K, Antoniewicz J, Mruk H, Janda K. “Health Benefits and Chemical Composition of Matcha Green Tea: A Review.” Molecules.Vol.;26(1):85. Dec 2020 doi: 10.3390/molecules26010085.
2. Melina V, Craig W, Levin S. “Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Vegetarian Diets.” J Acad Nutr Diet. Vol.116(12):1970-1980.Dec 2016 doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2016.09.025.
3. Kalita S, Khandelwal S, Madan J, Pandya H, Sesikeran B, Krishnaswamy K. “Almonds and Cardiovascular Health: A Review.” Nutrients. Vol.10(4):468. Apr 2018 doi: 10.3390/nu10040468.
4. Alatawi KA, Alshubaily FA. “Coconut products alleviate hyperglycaemic, hyperlipidimic and nephropathy indices in streptozotocin-induced diabetic wistar rats”. Saudi J Biol Sci. Vol.28(8):4224-4231. Aug 2021 doi: 10.1016/j.sjbs.2021.06.060.
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Should men follow a skincare routine? Definitely! Taking care of the skin is always important regardless of gender or age....
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan