Seasonal latte with coconut and cinnamon
Coffee is a unique beverage that unites different cultures, providing a special moment to our day with a shot of serotonin. It’s the kind of drink you can enjoy with friends, sipping and talking for hours. There is a popular practice in Italy known as the tradition of the pending coffee, which means you buy a coffee for someone else to drink later free of charge.
If you are following the Entalla plan, we want you to enjoy delicious alternatives to help make your next coffee experience a taste adventure for your palate while revving up your metabolism. We made this delicious recipe for a Super Slim Coffee Latte with coconut and cinnamon for you, with only 65 calories. Have a productive day in the middle of the busiest season, while still focusing on weight loss.
- 1 scoop of Super Slim Café
- 8 ounces of cold coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of coconut extract
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Prepare Super Slim Coffee, a favorite for fans of chocolate and spices like cinnamon and cardamom, according to the package. It also contains aromatic notes of cocoa and nuts. Once ready, add the coconut milk and coconut extract and mix. Sprinkle cinnamon for the finishing touch.
What’s it good for?
Super Slim Café is packed with ingredients and nutrients such as cacao, which contains antioxidants that directly support various health aspects. Cocoa can also provide satiety because of the fiber it contains. (1)
Ginger, another ingredient in the Super Slim Café, is a spice with great popularity due to its versatility in the kitchen as well as its health benefits. It provides multiple biological activities, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and weight management support, among others. (2)
Turmeric, an Asian herb, has an important place not only in the world of health but also in Indian, Chinese, Thai, and Malaysian cuisine. For centuries, turmeric has been used in India and China for stress, depression, and dermatological issues. It’s found in the Super Slim Café and is highly valued in the medical world for its disease-preventive properties. (3)
According to studies, mushrooms have bioactive compounds that include antibiotic, anti-fatigue, anti-diabetic, anti-hypertensive, cardioprotective, and neuroprotective functions. It can also improve anxiety and cognitive function. Super Slim Café contains a variety of mushrooms that provide health benefits and nutritional support. (4)
The next time you go for a coffee, prepare this Super Slim Café Latte with coconut and cinnamon, full of health benefits and low in calories, to help you lose those extra pounds while enjoying the warm aroma of the season.
Let's get healthier together.
Your friends, Santo Remedio
1. Katz DL, Doughty K, Ali A. “Cocoa and chocolate in human health and disease.” Antioxid Redox Signal. Vol.15(10):2779-811. Nov 2011 doi: 10.1089/ars.2010.3697.
2. Mao QQ, Xu XY, Cao SY, Gan RY, Corke H, Beta T, Li HB. “Bioactive Compounds and Bioactivities of Ginger (Zingiber officinaleRoscoe)” Foods. Vol.8(6):185. doi: 10.3390/foods8060185. May 2019
3. Kocaadam B, Şanlier N. “Curcumin, an active component of turmeric (Curcuma longa), and its effects on health.” Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. Vol.57(13):2889-2895.Sep 2017 doi: 10.1080/10408398.2015.1077195.
4. Friedman M. “Chemistry, Nutrition, and Health-Promoting Properties of Hericium erinaceus (Lion's Mane) Mushroom Fruiting Bodies and Mycelia and Their Bioactive Compounds.” J Agric Food Chem. Vol.63(32):7108-23. Aug 2015 doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.5b02914.
The jolliest season has begun! Although it can be a bit stressful for many to deal with holiday gifting, we...
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan