Show off a glossy mane!
Give your hair the gift of health and shine
Our hair reveals aspects of our personality and even our mood. Observe how we rush to the salon to try a new style, especially after a breakup or another major emotional moment. Although there are days when we wish we had longer, shorter, straighter, or curlier hair, the truth is that we should accept our natural hair, love it and, above all, take care of it. Complaining about our hair’s appearance or texture, unfortunately, is not going to improve it. If you want your hair to look beautiful and to grow, this is the perfect time to add hair treatments to your beauty routine that, if put into practice consistently, will make a significant difference in your mane.
Here we share with you a simple spray trending on the social networks, that will bring you desired benefits. It's never too late to give your hair the care and love it deserves!
1 ½ cups of rice
3 cups of water
Splash of lavender oil
Contents of 2 biotin capsules
Contents of 2 quercetin capsules
In a bowl, soak the rice in the water for 10 minutes. Stir it to activate all the starch before straining. Add the rice water to a pot. Squeeze in the juice of the orange and heat over medium-low. Stir the mixture before adding the lavender oil and capsule contents. Continue stirring until smooth, bringing to a boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Keep the rice water in a glass container with a lid and let settle in the fridge for two or three days before using.
How to use
Funnel the rice water into a spray bottle and spray all over the scalp, being sure to spread evenly. Massage your scalp with your fingertips, then spray the rest of your hair. Let it sit until your hair dries before rinsing out. Use this treatment once a week.
Biotin has gained popularity in the beauty world for its hair and nail benefits. Studies reveal that biotin supplements are beneficial for this. (1)
Oranges are rich in nutrients. They contain, among other things, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin E that help repair damaged hair follicles. According to research, deficiency of these micronutrients can present a modifiable risk factor associated with the development, prevention, and treatment of alopecia or hair loss. (2)
Lavender oil has been shown to promote hair growth. Its continued use may be beneficial when trying to grow a full head of hair. (3)
Other studies show that quercetin stimulates hair shaft growth. Additionally, it has components that have been proven to promote hair growth. (4)
The starch contained in rice water has been used in Asia for centuries as a treatment to help grow and strengthen hair while increasing its softness and shine. Rice water contains amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Although research is still underway to prove the benefits of rice water, some research indicates that it can decrease hair friction and improve elasticity mainly due to the inositol it contains, which helps cell growth. (5)
Let's get healthier together.
Your Santo Remedio Team
- Patel Deepa P., Swink Shane M., Castelo-Soccio L., “A Review of the Use of Biotin for Hair Loss” Skin Appendage Disord Vol.3(3):166-169, Epub 2017 Apr. doi: 10.1159/000462981. [ Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28879195]
- Almohanna Hind M., Ahmed Azhar A., Tsatalis John P., Tosti Antonella, “The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Hair Loss: A Review” Dermatol Ther (Heidelb).Vol.9(1):51-70. 2019 Mar. Epub 2018 Dec. doi: 10.1007/s13555-018-0278-6. [ Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30547302/]
- Lee Boo H., Lee Jae S., Kim Young C., “Hair Growth-Promoting Effects of Lavender Oil in C57BL/6 Mice” Toxicol Res. Vol.32(2):103-8. Epub2016 Apr 30. doi: 10.5487/TR.2016.32.2.103. [ Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27123160/]
- Kim Jaeyoon, Kim Soon R., Choi Yun-Ho, Shin Jae Y., Kim Chang D., Kang Nae-Gyu, Park Byung C., Lee Sanghwa, “Quercitrin Stimulates Hair Growth with Enhanced Expression of Growth Factors via Activation of MAPK/CREB Signaling Pathway” Molecules. Vol.2;25(17):4004 Epub 2020 Sep. doi: 10.3390/molecules25174004. [ Available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32887384/]
- S. Inamasu, R. Ikuyama, Y. Fujisaki, K.-I. Sugimoto .Abstracts: The effect of rinse water obtained from the washing of rice (YU-SU-RU) as a hair treatment. International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Société Française de Cosmetólogie. First published: 01 September 2010 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2494.2010.00605_3.x. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1468-2494.2010.00605_3.x
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Should men follow a skincare routine? Definitely! Taking care of the skin is always important regardless of gender or age....
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan