Try this delicious, guilt-free treat!
When you enjoy what you like most without guilt, it's a wonderful feeling because you’re happy and more willing to continue eating guilt-free. Keeping this in mind, our nutritionist Sabrina Hernández-Cano, a specialist in bariatric nutrition for patients with diabetes and heart issues, created a recipe for those who are following the Entalla plan or just want to take better care of their health and weight. It’s delicious, easy to prepare, and can be eaten at any time of day. Share it during the holidays and you won't be tempted by other sugary, fatty options. Plus, it only contains 150 calories per serving!
- 1 tablespoon Super Slim Café
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 small, frozen banana
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond flakes
Blend the Super Slim Café with warm coconut milk until completely dissolved. Place it in the blender with a few ice cubes, the banana, yogurt, and almonds and blend until smooth. Serve cold and enjoy the unique flavor!
Benefits of this delicious recipe:
- Studies have found that cocoa aids with weight loss, on top of providing several health benefits. It has antioxidant properties that offer a special flavor along with neural protection and improved cognition and mood (1). Cocoa is a key ingredient of Super Slim Café.
- Super Slim Café also contains maca, which promotes good reproductive health by improving sexual performance. The plant is also known for its anti-fatigue, antioxidant, and digestive system health-enhancing effects, based on scientific research. (2)
- Consuming this coffee yogurt means consuming ingredients that activate the metabolism and offer health benefits that are delicious and favorable. Super Slim Café supports energy output and contains Ashwagandha to enhance memory, manage stress, and prevent mental deterioration. (3)
- Almonds are packed with flavor and health benefits, so add them to your favorite recipes or eat them alone. They have protein and provide monounsaturated fatty acids for the heart. Almonds can lower bad, or LDL, cholesterol while increasing HDL, or good, cholesterol. This can help prevent cardiovascular disease. (4)
The finer things in life can also be healthy. Enjoy a tasty coffee yogurt any time of day, guilt-free!
Let's get healthier together.
Your friends, Santo Remedio
1. Latif R. “Health benefits of cocoa.” Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. Vol. 16 (6):669-74. Nov 2013 doi:10.1097/MCO.0b013e328365a235.
2. Wang S, Zhu F.” Chemical composition and health effects of maca (Lepidium meyenii).” Food Chem. Vol. 288: 422-443. Aug 2019 doi: 10.1016 / j.foodchem.2019.02.071.
URL: https: //pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30902313/
3. Kuboyama T, Tohda C, Komatsu K. “Effects of Ashwagandha (roots of Withania somnifera) on neurodegenerative diseases.” Biol Pharm Bull.Vol.37(6):892-7.2014 doi: 10.1248 / bpb.b14-00022.
4. Kuboyama T, Tohda C, Komatsu K. “Effects of Ashwagandha (roots of Withania somnifera) on neurodegenerative diseases.” Biol Pharm Bull. Vol.37(6):892-7. 2014 doi:10.1248/bpb.b14-00022.
The jolliest season has begun! Although it can be a bit stressful for many to deal with holiday gifting, we...
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan