Turn your morning coffee into a super healthy coffee!
Everyone loves to enjoy a wonderful cup of coffee in the morning! It is a sacred ritual, especially for Hispanics, to wake up, feel energized, and mentally review the best memories sip after sip! If you love coffee, here's a delicious recipe to make it even better as it is healthy and supports your weight loss process. Try it today!
Add a touch of turmeric
The main ingredient in turmeric that gives it its yellow color is curcumin, a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties (1). Some research shows that curcumin might be as powerful as some anti-inflammatory medications (2). Although the spice itself is very effective, for best results, use a turmeric capsule, as it has a much higher concentration of curcumin.
Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper
Weird, right? It may seem like a strange combination, but consuming black pepper with turmeric improves curcumin absorption in your body by 2000%. It also is better absorbed when consumed in hot foods, such as stews, soups, or drinks. (3)
How about a little cinnamon?
Coffee with cinnamon will not only give it a spectacular aroma, but it will also provide you with an immense antioxidant capacity and anti-inflammatory properties and could improve your cholesterol levels. (4, 5, 6)
Try everything and add more power!
You can mix all these ingredients to improve your coffee or make it even better using our Super Slim Café, which in addition to a premium grade Colombian coffee, contains several of these exquisite spices in its formula. Plus, it has other superfoods such as functional mushrooms that support your overall health, prebiotics, fiber such as inulin, which improves your digestion, energy ingredients such as maca and ginseng, and thermogenics such as green tea and matcha.
Imagine all this incorporated into your next cafecito! Here's a way to maximize your morning coffee to improve your body and feel your best!
Golden Super Slim Café
- 16 ounces of almond milk
- 1 portion of Super Slim Café
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or stevia
- 1 capsule of turmeric powder (you can add another if you like a more intense flavor)
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of ground cinnamon (optional if you want a more intense cinnamon flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- A pinch of ground ginger (optional)
Heat the milk in a saucepan. Add all the ingredients and mix them well. You don't need to boil them. Just heat them, and it's ready! You can also let it cool down or add ice if you like your coffee cold.
Try it and share your result with us. We are sure you are going to love it!
Let’s be healthier together.
Your Santo Remedio team
2.B Lal, A K Kapoor, O P Asthana, P K Agrawal, R Prasad, P Kumar, R C Srimal. Efficacy of curcumin in the management of chronic anterior uveitis. Clinical Trial Phytother Res. 1999 Jun;13(4):318-22. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1099-1573(199906)13:4<318::AID-PTR445>3.0.CO;2-7.
3. G Shoba, D Joy, T Joseph, M Majeed, R Rajendran, P S Srinivas. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Clinical Trial Planta Med. 1998 May;64(4):353-6. doi: 10.1055/s-2006-957450.
5. Dhanushka Gunawardena 1 , Niloo Karunaweera, Samiuela Lee, Frank van Der Kooy, David G Harman, Ritesh Raju, Louise Bennett, Erika Gyengesi, Nikolaus J Sucher, Gerald Münch. Anti-inflammatory activity of cinnamon (C. zeylanicum and C. cassia) extracts - identification of E-cinnamaldehyde and o-methoxy cinnamaldehyde as the most potent bioactive compounds. Comparative Study Food Funct. 2015 Mar;6(3):910-9. doi: 10.1039/c4fo00680a.
6.Alam Khan 1 , Mahpara Safdar, Mohammad Muzaffar Ali Khan, Khan Nawaz Khattak, Richard A Anderson. Cinnamon improves glucose and lipids of people with type 2 diabetes. Clinical Trial. Diabetes Care. 2003 Dec;26(12):3215-8. doi: 10.2337/diacare.26.12.3215.
The jolliest season has begun! Although it can be a bit stressful for many to deal with holiday gifting, we...
Inflammation is a natural process in the body that happens when it is trying to heal from an infection, injury,...
As Dr. Juan says, Hispanics have a slight disadvantage when it comes to blood sugar. Being an adult Hispanic means...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan