Week 1 of the 28-day Entalla Plan: Detox
Week 1 of the 28-day Entalla Plan: Detox
Learn why it is important to prepare your body to lose weight successfully!
Have you heard of our 28-day Entalla Plan, developed by Dr. Juan and our nutritionist Sabrina Hernández-Cano? This plan starts with seven days of detoxifying your body. This is an essential step. The body has natural processes to get rid of toxins and substances that contaminate it. During those first 7 days, we promote a proper cleansing to be better prepared to receive and take advantage of nutrients, thus allowing the body to function optimally. Check out what's going to happen this week and what you need to do to make your 28-Day Entalla Plan work to lose weight and change your habits.
What happens to your body during these first seven days?
- The nutrients included during this week help the body eliminate two types of toxins: those produced during metabolism and those that come from external sources, such as the air you breathe, what’s absorbed through the skin, as well as the food and drinks consumed.
- This detox week will facilitate the body's natural detoxification process while supporting it with the necessary macro and micronutrients, such as high-quality protein, carbohydrates, and good fats.
- During these days, you prepare yourself mentally for the change and prepare your body for better nutrient absorption to lead a healthier lifestyle in the long term.
- Seven days is long enough to produce a metabolic detox. This way, your body will be prepared to metabolize, neutralize, and excrete toxins and metals.
- Toxins are eliminated through feces, sweat, urine, and some pass to the liver.
- This is achieved by eliminating as many chemical or potentially toxic substances as possible, such as artificial sweeteners, vegetable oils, and refined seeds; BPA, the chemical found in plastic packaging, added sugars like high fructose corn syrup, mercury from fish, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) from grilled or smoked red meats, and excess saturated fat.
- During the seven days that these substances are eliminated from your diet, healthier options are also incorporated full of macronutrients and micronutrients with better absorption capacity.
- At this stage, it is crucial that you drink plenty of water. The recommendation is 1 gallon daily.
- You may lose some weight, especially when you stop consuming calories from sugar and fat. The amount of weight you lose depends on how many of those calories you eat regularly.
- During the first few days of this week, you may experience some muscle aches, and headaches, as well as more urine and stool than usual.
- The good news is that by the end of the seven days, you will feel more energetic, less fatigue, have better sleep, and more concentration, your skin will be cleaner, you will breathe better, and your digestion will improve.
Some tips you should consider:
- Your formula will be 2-1-2. That is, 2 Shakes, 1 main meal, 2 snacks
- The diet includes 2 Entalla protein shakes of any flavor. Vegan Protein is perfect for those who avoid animal products. You can add fruits and vegetables. You can prepare it with water or with any dairy-free milk option.
- The main meal can be for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- By signing up to our Entalla page, you will receive the complete guide to the 28-day Entalla Plan, which shows meal examples for this week and the following ones.
- The 2 snacks include 1-2 cups of fresh fruits and 1-2 cups of vegetables, ¼ cup of nuts and seeds, or 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Remember, you must stay hydrated. Drink up to 1 gallon of water a day.
- Eat as many fresh or frozen whole fruits and vegetables as indicated in the recommended amounts.
- Eat fermented foods like dairy-free yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, or kimchi to support gut health.
- Take multivitamins.
What should you avoid?
- Fish high in mercury, such as swordfish, tilefish, snapper, marlin, and king mackerel.
- Refined vegetable and seed oils such as corn, sunflower, soybean oil, and cottonseed oils.
- Saturated fatty acids, such as fried foods, bacon, butter, sour cream, cream cheese, coconut cream, ghee, or clarified butter. Avoid completely these products during this week.
- Dairy (only non-dairy alternative milk and yogurt made with almonds, cashews, oats, or coconut are allowed).
- Bread, cereals or sugars, artificial sweeteners of any kind, except 1 tablespoon of honey per day.
- Fried, charcoal, or grilled foods.
What are you allowed during these first 7 days?
- 8 to 12 ounces of lean white meat, such as turkey, chicken, or fish. As well as seafood and eggs.
- If you follow a vegan or plant-based lifestyle, choose Entalla Vegan protein.
- You can eat unlimited green leafy vegetables fresh or frozen, like kale, spinach, Swiss chard, seaweed, etc.
- You can eat unlimited fresh or frozen vegetables, but not canned.
- You can also eat artichokes, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, onions, garlic, and leeks, as they have been shown to help the detoxification process.
- All whole fruit, fresh or frozen, not canned or processed (1-2 cups per day / 5 servings per day).
- You can consume berries of all kinds, such as blueberries and raspberries.
- Healthy whole grains like quinoa, oats, and wild rice. Also, all beans and sweet potato (1 cup per day).
- Healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as olive oil, canola oil, flaxseed oil, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, and avocado oil (1-2 tablespoons daily).
- Caffeine, green tea, matcha tea, cocoa, and 1 piece of dark chocolate per day are allowed.
- Super Slim Café is allowed without sugar, with water or vegetable milk.
- Baked, grilled, air-fried, or sautéed foods are allowed.
- Drink 8 to 16-ounce water bottles, equal to 1 gallon per day. Drink half before noon and half before 6 pm.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 yellow lemon or lime and add it to the water daily. Do it during the 7 days.
- Fresh and dried herbs are allowed for seasoning.
- All Entalla products are allowed since they can support you during this week.
*A Probiotic supplement is recommended.
Meats and other proteins allowed (8 ounces)
Fish and shellfish allowed
- All shellfish
Fruits allowed (1-2 cups/ 5 servings per day)
- All, especially berries. They must be fresh or frozen.
Green leafy vegetables (Unlimited quantity)
Whole grains and complex carbohydrates
- Sweet potato
- All beans
- Wild rice
Unrefined oils (2 tablespoons per day)
- Avocado oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Linseed oil
- Coconut oil (1 tablespoon a day)
Now you have all the information you need to start the first week of detox. Remember, you can get the entire 28-day Entalla Plan by signing up. Get started today! You will see how you lose weight and gain health. Your body, mood, skin, and overall well-being will not be the same. Start now!
Week 1 of the 28-day Entalla Plan: Detox Learn why it is important to prepare your body to lose weight...
When trying to improve the skin, the first thing that probably comes to mind is collagen. Makes sense because collagen...
The jolliest season has begun! Although it can be a bit stressful for many to deal with holiday gifting, we...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan