Move your body to move your life.
Are you ready to dust off your dancing shoes for a little huapango, bullerengue, marinera, mambo, bachata, or bomba?
Whatever dance you choose, Hispanic Heritage Month is all about celebrating our culture while exercising at the same time.
Working out does more than just help us get into shape. A good workout practice can kickstart a revolution across all levels of our health, even our mental health.
Studies have shown that moderate exercise:
- Lowers blood sugar for up to 24 hours after a workout, helping your insulin sensitivity.
- Lowers triglyceride levels and increases HDL or “good” cholesterol.
- Helps reduce stress and increase feelings of well-being.
Santo Remedio’s Hour-a-Day Challenge:
Let’s start slowly, no need to run a marathon :). Small windows of exercise can add up to big results and lifelong habits. Here’s a simple plan to get your exercise in:
- Set your alarm to wake up 15 minutes earlier than normal.
- Fill those 15 minutes with a routine of stretches, squats, and sit-ups.
- Repeat the same routine at noon or anytime you are sedentary for 3 hours.
- Repeat the routine once more before bed.
- Without even knowing it you’ll have excercised at least an hour!
In order to maintain your energy levels during the challenge we recommend drinking lots of water, and even taking a B12 supplement for extra energy.
And if you can’t manage squats or situps, here are other easy ways to get your heart rate going and your exercise in.
- Going up and down the stairs.
- Walking to the bodega.
- Sweeping the patio.
- Walking your dog or playing with your other pets.
- Daily housework like cleaning, laundry, etc.
And, let’s not forget the best way to workout during Hispanic Heritage Month:
See you on the dancefloor,
Your friends at Santo Remedio
When it comes to sun protection, it is necessary to do it the right way to avoid the negative effects...
When trying to lose weight, you look for delicious options to satisfy your appetite, but also provide nutrients. That is...
The secret of an amazing product is having the best quality ingredients and advanced technology to develop it. The...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Sign up for product giveaways, discounts, and tips from Dr. Juan